Saturday, November 2, 2013

memory me

I come and go , fluttering in and out of this blog of mine. I'm not sure flutter is always the right ford as sometimes I have a broken wing and flutter no more.

I have a whole lot of memories that have been flooding in. Not necessarily just bad memories, I just keep remembering everything. Stuff like playing swamp games in the pool when I was seven and at that same age I can remember going to school in the winter. My mom would get up before us and put the heater on so we could drape our long socks over it to warm up.
I remember moments with people and sometimes even conversation and I'm talking about moments starting form 5 years old along a broad spectrum to my  current age of 34.
Naturally now tab I'm here and I want to put it all down I am struggling to tap in again. I can say these memories come at me , they sneak up on me while I'm washing dishes,they present themselves to me when I'm driving , when I'm shopping for groceries,they hold me as I fall asleep. They seep in and grab me while I'm doing mundane things to being distracted by them at lunch with the family or even in therapy.
These are my memories and it would probably be a good idea to jot them down as they come.
People often link a memory as something bad that has happened (well maybe not people maybe that's what I do) that a memory tears your soul apart but no over the past month I have experienced the joy of snippets that form great memories, even when there is sadness in some.

I feel like I am a walking it, talking it,feeling it but knowing that it is past , one that I can sometimes smile at,laugh and then there are tears. I know now that I am allowed to freely take it in and let it go,


No comments:

Post a Comment

say it