Friday, September 23, 2011

A couple of Camels later


24 hours later after flights, airports, tiny little musky smoking rooms occupied mainly by men huddled together staring you down to the ground with each puff on the ol fag., yes 24 long hours later of gaining very swollen ankles from being fast asleep though out my flight with absolutely no movement, nope not even to the "rest"room, i supposes swollen ankles are expected, but not easy on my lets tread along India feet at all.

we, being my mother and I are finally in Jaipur...

I find it beautiful how different people SEE thing from different perspectives, the way the perceive people, colours, I may see an old beggar on the street and notice the one missing tooth, the dark lines that lay deep behind her eyes, how she has seen worlds with these eyes, slums of beauty, i see her smile with her lines and cry with her smile, this is how I see, when another may just see a dirty old homeless woman begging, dirty clothes,no shoes, turn there backs to the gutters, i don't know? A nother may see a wise healer, it all lies in the individuals home of story heart.

I love it in India, it is for me the most energetic place I have ever been, it is not your typical walk around shop strut, or sit in the park,lay on the beach and sip mojits, but it is a canvas of sound and the colour is the honking of every sould that lives where you see and where you don't, but believe me i feel and its vibrant.

Being where with my mom is testing at times, not always into the same thing but we try to compromise and so far its working. For example, last night we arrived and we had booked a hotel online. At the airport not even the taxi drivers were interested taking us to this hotel it was so so very far from town, I was excited non the less. we arrived to no electricity, my mom giggled with me and wanted to take the taxi straight back to town, we agreed to stay for the experience. The experience was well worth it.

after a night at "men only" hotel, very male chauvinist men at that, we woke to nothing, nowhere and hardly no one. It was exciting. A couple of cows and a few camels later we are now settled in Jaipur centre, a very comfortable hotel amidst the manic. This comfort works for me.

The only problem i have are these painful heels that are crying to be deflated and praying for non clot please.No other little anxiety, or let me be worried about at least one thing today. No I choose not to worry about anything today. Its just me as I am where I am, today...

Today I'm in Jaipur, right now I'm in my very comfortable room(perfect for a Taurus, a Carey Taurus, love a bit of comfort,escpiaclly enfolded by the beauty of manic and the sadness that lies in it too)
this is a picture from my room:

No comments:

Post a Comment

say it