Saturday, September 24, 2011

Marry Me on Hashish Crn

WOW: Wondrous Ohmy Wonder or some other million concepts like that.
I don’t know where to start, as today definitely falls into one of thus days that has no beginning nor has it and end, it opens, unfolds, magically takes shape and I have journeyed through this cycle of simple heightened voyage all day.


I keep thinking, after sitting on the side of the street watching the monkey “shopping” amongst the people, waiting for my mom to finish an hour barter of beautiful colours running through merchants fingertips, using there whimsical voices as instruments. I rather enjoyed the free coffee,cooldrink, “smoke inside lady” , I enjoyed the humming of the we give you buy, MORE!
Thus as I do so often during the day found myself sitting on the side walk, behind a thin layer of smoke making my usual unusual “friends”

This is where I met Shakir. At first I was sceptical, he gave me a chair, offered me some tea, asked for a cigarette, then the rest of the box. Only then did he tell me he did not smoke but tricked me so to give it to his friends and to sit beside me. And here we go.
He asked if I drank, “no!” with a smile, “you do other intoxicating things?” once again I smile, “no longer.” He laughs. At this point there are three more men crowded around me and they listen as I tell my story. “ My god did I just have a “NA” Share in the side streets of Jaipur as my mom bought kaftans”

The group dispersed, all but 2, the elder man very amused by me, sipped at his tea and took my box of cigarettes, “this my friend is good, this my friend is better for you than the hashish or the dark stuff, you see?” he handed the box back smiled, “you keep smoking this, you stay away from the other!” This made me smile.

Shakir had obviously moved in closer, he is probably the only single Indian man I have met thus far, good-looking, not very humble, very charming, slightly insecure, rough but soft with a deer like spirit. At first he was more interested in taking me to smoke hashish. “After my story you want me to smoke hashish with you? “ He claimed he changed his mind but at this point I’m sure he would try most anything to get “close” to me including what came next: He went to fetch his uncle who in turn asked for her daughters hand in marriage to his nephew!

All this took place while my mom was buying kaftans and jewellery; I was whispering beautiful words to precious strangers. In one two hours had I been the other carey I could possible be smoking hashish in Jaipur while my mom was running off with black diamonds. Of course my promise to my arranged marriage would be null and void because I would be lost and my mom would be gone.

BUT

I am Carey now so In just 2 hours I wandered off into a textile place like any other textile place in the streets of Jaipur, this one was different, I met a man who spoke of his frustrations on all the rules they have in India and his culture, I shared with him my frustrations I have within myself, we smiled we laughed, we crossed temptation, he gave me a gift and then asked me to be his wife, I declined of course, but I had my photo taken with him anyhow, some things are perfectly in tune with how I woudof or could of felt for another, so I believe treat some other the way you would wanted to be treated in turn?

So much more than this I have come across today, seeing my mom feed monkeys at a temple, the temple of the sun gods, I insisted on taking her and I’m glad I did, because she was calm and she fed all those monkeys with purity. This place is much like an ashram vibe, collective people living off the land and prayer, it was hazed in a calm of hum, that makes things seem a little numb As we left where the monkey keeper once we “prayed”,” meditated” said to me, “you know your honey is funny and your funny comes from your honey"

No comments:

Post a Comment

say it