Friday, August 23, 2013

don't stop my jump

Initially I would of said the highlight of my day was drinking a thick vanilla milkshake in a pharmacy, that was until I reached a beautiful gorge where i found myself flying of a cliff into some clear dark water.

There was a lesson in the events that lead to the time between the steps before My body and mind sprung off the cliff and the 30 minutes where I had to condition myself to do so. Naturally I was convinced I would climb up those rocks , reach the point of jump and off I would fly but No it was nothing of the sort. I reached the point of jump and froze. I debated for half an hour, should I should I not, what if I break my back, what if i drown, "god damn this is high" , okay lets jump, freeze, sit down, contemplate. The I stood there peering over into the water trying to decide if my weight would take me right to the bottom and bam. Finally I was about to jump when I literally felt a force stop me. I said to my sister " I want to jump but something keeps stopping me", "just like life Carey, there are always things we want to do and we always allow things to stop us" that was it , I got up , I didn't look down and without knowing I was screaming as i fell through the air and hit the water. Sure i hit my ass and it hurt, I touched the ground with my feet and the water went up my nose but I pushed through that force that wanted to stop me and I felt free and exhilarated because I chose to jump no matter what my fears may of been.

After playing in the streams and the waterfalls we made our way home and all the way home as i sat in my wet costume feeling cold , i had my window open and a smile that matched the wind that touched my face.

A beautiful end to a magical day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

say it