Thursday, August 22, 2013

Throw up

As I reached American soil I had one mission and that was to get outside and light up but of course it was not that simple, first immigration then customs. Luckily I had a flirtatious encounter at immigration and breezed through customs, unfortunately my cousin was stopped. I was obviously concerned as he has not travelled alone before and tried to wait for him as long as I could for him before I was shooed away.
Waiting between the door where I could smell that sweet outlet of smoke and the door of frustrating know not how. The wait seemed like hours of worry but was probably only 10 minutes. Finally he came out and finally I went outside and before I knew it I had a cigarette pressed between my lips with smoke filling my chest, flamed. I'm sure this is not satisfying to many but to me it is most satisfying.

My sister arrived and in slow motion she 'ran' to me , we hugged and then instantly it was as if we saw each other just yesterday when really just yesterday was a year ago.

We got on the road and began the drive to her home in Shelburne falls. It was not an easy drive for me as I felt incredibly nauseous and before I knew the contents of my stomach decided to take flight out the window, hitting the back window and whatever car might of been just next ti=o us at the time. Thinking back now it was comical. A t the time it was like I was purging every ugly emotional thing that has been sitting with me for weeks and once I did I felt instantly relieved.

As we traveled we found ourselves off the road under huge trees and cornfields , playing and laughing and being absurd. For example for those who have ever seen the films 'Children of the Corn' we spent some time reenacting some of those scenes , pictures taken that freaked even us out.

Finally we arrived at Tarynns (my sisters) humble home. I went straight to bed , and now I am wide awake to venture more, all aware....



No comments:

Post a Comment

say it