Tuesday, August 20, 2013

After taking a year sabbatical from my blog I have decided to return at the beginning of a new journey. Tonight at 8:45pm i set off with My 19 year old Cousin to meet up with my sister in New york. Together the three of us will embark on a 3 and a half road trip through the mid Atlantic states, to the south and up the east coast/outer banks heading back to New York.

So a road trip with three unique individuals with diverse personalities that I would describe as beautiful freaks who will discover and rediscover themselves, their relationships with each other. A trip documented by each using different mediums to follow the quest, the agreements,the disagreements, the emotional,the emotionless,the beauty,the brave,the insecurities the growth the power of family of people.

The medium I choose to document the 'quest' is photography,writing and this here blog. For those who want to follow a very honest picture of my life through this journey visited by other beings,may follow freely.

My first entry:

I have an issue with flying. To the point that I need to take anxiety pills. whilst flying, unfortunately my mind wanders to falling planes and nothingness between my feet. I have to prepare myself for days. I know its ridiculous but its just one of those ' i don't want to die' feelings, which actually is quite strange for someone who has been suicidal at times.

Anyhow, this morning as I sat outside having a cigarette a mass flock of birds flew over me, they were close enough to reach out and touch. I smiled as I never had seen so many birds before and never had I experienced so many birds flying so low before. As I finished my cigarette they returned, this time even lower, i could almost feel the wind from there flight, I looked into the sky and felt calmed at the idea that this was an omen, a good omen that I have no need to fear flying and perhaps I can be calm with out my anti anxiety pills. (Okay maybe not without the pills just yet) but I am calmed by the flight of a thousand birds.

Tonight I wish to sleep peacefully as we soar through the sky on a 747. Tomorrow is a new day.



No comments:

Post a Comment

say it