Thursday, April 5, 2012

Get over it

I went to The Eagles last night. Obviously like most 'younger' people and even older Hotel California is the song that everybody is itching to hear. Oh and we heard it, I believe the sound in the beautifully designed CapeTown stadium ensured the music went right into me.

The moment I remember most last night accept of course the 20 odd people who couldn't read and as a result when the best graphics of the entire show were displayed, as the words 'please stand by' along with the image of a tv getting ready to display, those 200 people were slightly confuse and mistook or misread the please stand by with 'PLEASE STAND' to what was probably one of the slowest ballads of the evening and made absolutely no sense to be standing at all..... but as 200 people stand 2000 follow and so on. I found myself one of those people who apparently 'mis read' or rather 'do as others do' just because you feel like an idiot sitting.

The favorite part of my evening where I came to a realization of how sensitive i actually am. My sister and i took all of three pictures of ourselves together with my phone,which means the flash would go off each time. I didn't even think it could bother anyone, as i was excited and never have pictures with her so thought it would be a normal need. In my act, that was purely innocent, stirred another in the opposite way of how I was feeling.

There was a shove at my chair and I looked behind, where I was not greeted with a friendly face,instead a man,probably in his sixties scolded me. ' you will not do that' he went off a little. I was a little hurt actually because what I thought was innocent was turned on me. I turned around and let him know there are more polite ways in speaking to people. He was adamant that his stern , unfriendly, obtrusive tone was his way of being polite. I turned back round and felt aggravated, turned back to him and suggested he relax and enjoy the show. He flipped at me. Something about how can he if my flash is in his face blah blah nonsense. My gut was to want to throw something at him but instead I smiled and told him to relax. He did not not like this, I noticed his wife put her hand on his knee and squeezed her touch did not work as he threw out the words as he pointed his finger in my face "FUCK YOU", he repeated it. I became tense and I wanted so badly to ignore him, I couldn't and went to his very pleasant level , "NO! FUCK YOU!!" he became aggressive as my sister turned to him and suggested not only should he enjoy the show, perhaps he should go back to his youth and feel the love, she finished with opening a flower explosion moment to his heart. He was not impressed.

For the rest of the evening I was convinced he was going to knock us out with his crush. It didn't happen.

My best part is this: when my dad realized what was happening, he didn't ask me what I had done, he defended me, turned and gave the guy a serious eyeful. (I loved it) I felt protected, between both my dad and my sister.

The only thing is, that such a small thing from a total stranger gets me all down so easily.

Besides all that, which was entertaining, I did truly enjoy my time.



↵ Use original player
← Replay
X
i

No comments:

Post a Comment

say it