Sunday, September 8, 2013

In the garden of good and evil

After staying into good hotels, one being in the french quarter in New Orleans , truly with the setting of being in france itself to a hotel on Pensicola beach in Florida we have had pretty bad luck with accommodation since then with last night being the worst by far.

We drove into Savannah Georgia with the hope to couch surf up until we reached our destination. Ginger who would of been our host was probably the most eccentric woman I have met with eclectic home I have ever had the pleasure of visiting. As we walked through her house and into her back yard filled with make shift places to sleep 3 dogs and chickens one in our group asked to go to the toilet and upon returning informed me that he would be waiting on the street. This sparked my interest in what the toilet looked like. It was a toilet behind four sheer curtains, an open plan bathroom in an open planned house, the shower/bath was outside with the chickens.

Tarynn and I spent some time chatting and having a beverage with her as not to offend her by just leaving. She was explaining to us how she builds every thing followed by "all i need is a wife, but I'm not homesexual, I'm 67 I'm too old to be anything"

I found our time with her intriguing and am very glad I met her. Spending the night was clearly not going to work, for some it was a culture shock and yet again Tarynn was disappointed as she was trying to share a couch surfing experience with us and yet again it did not work out.

I find it fascinating how different we all are as humans, some of us who see her home as a slum and refuse to even stay there to have a drink , some of us who are polite enough to just hang around and have a drink and some of us who really wouldn't mind staying there at all.

So we made our way to Savannah suites and quite frankly this place is such a dump we may as well  of stayed with ginger, The room smells like urine, theres hair everywhere and nothing freaks me out more than hair and after sleeping in this bed my skin is itchy. I am glad to get out of this shit hole.

Savannah itself is the best town we have visited so far. It is a beautiful city with endless parks. The trees are full of moss. The streets with cafes. It is a student town and there is a lot of people watching to be done. The buildings are dreamlike, the whole town is like a story book. I loose myself to the moss in the trees,this enchanting little town with a magical feel. Unfortunately we only had a few hours so i feel like I need to return and explore Savannah some more. I noticed how friendly everyone here is , how flirtatious the girls are. I could get lost here for months. I imagine this to be a place where my mind could be creatively free.



No comments:

Post a Comment

say it