Thursday, September 5, 2013

Where am I now?

Sadly we leave New Orleans tomorrow. This city is alive. There is music playing even when there is no music playing. There is a natural feeling of euphoria and manic likeness. I feel uppity even in my sleep I want to move. I feel the dance from the streets of New Orleans filling my body with music and energy. Its a thriving energy one i can't describe, all I know is my body moves even when its quite I find myself dancing.

It kind of gives me the same feeling as an urban burning man. Its nothing like burning man but theres this feel. How on every corner there is a performer or an act or a show, theres constantly something beautiful. Whether it be a musician or a dancer or a homeless guy pushing a bike with his dog sitting in the basket on front. It makes me feel less depressed as in more alive as in There are so many interesting characters, characters I could sit and watch for hours and sometimes do.

I watched an old man get down to some street jazz and I found him fascinating. He did dance like nobody was watching and like the whole world was watching at the same time as in he was so free an uninhibited he couldn't give a damn who was watching and every one that was watching , me, the world was loving him. I watched him for a long while because with every beat that he moved to and the more I watched him 'get down' was every beat that i felt a sense of 'euphoria' as in a smug happiness of sorts.

Ive found New Orleans to be a drug, an anti depressant type formula, only I have to leave tomorrow and my drug will be gone but I can hold that I found a place that made me smile with the sadness.

I could go on writing about Bourbon street being a tourist trap but we even had fun with that. Actually i found myself watching a stripper trying to coax people into her strip club and I watched closely because in her I could see the same things I see in myself and we are worlds a part but she had the saddest eyes. Sure she was probably high but with every 'transaction' she made her body language would cower and her head would lower and she would see me watching her , she looked directly at me , a half smile that said "i know"

Anyway enough with the sad sod stuff.

I am tired out, a lot of energy, a lot of walking, a lot of blisters, a lot of heat with great rainstorms in 37 degrees I love that. I just had a swim and I love that too. There always going to be things you don't like in a place or a person or yourself and it be right or not but there are always things you're going to love in a place or a person or yourself.

Tomorrow we make our way to a swamp, maybe we can see some alligators, I might feed a couple of people to them;) then we head of ftp Florida. And the way we go.


No comments:

Post a Comment

say it