Friday, March 30, 2012

“It is not only fine feathers that make fine birds.” Aesop

I walked past a coffee shop today. As I glimpsed through the window I became fixated on a woman who was staring back at me. She was crying. I stopped an looked back at her. Almost feeling her. As she cried,I smiled back and kept walking. I couldn't shake the feeling. I felt sad but content at the same time. Not because I was happy to see someone vulnerable. It was because I felt when I crossed her path I was in fact looking at me. 


"a union of secrets and flaws" From my perception of course.


Obviously I do not know why she was crying or the circumstances that led to her tears. I do know it felt familiar. To connect to a feeling that carried from one stranger to another. Even if at that time stranger (a) is unaware that stranger (b) just gets it.


These are moments in my day that i keep. Call me strange but I connect with even the birds.






No comments:

Post a Comment

say it