Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Pain free

I have had a head that hurts so much its blinding. Its hard to say much right now due to being in a bit of a lull. You see with pain comes pain killers, in any such way. We all have our pain killer for our different things and hundreds of different justifications. But for once I am not referring to emotional pain where I would fall to banquets of food, or mountains of drugs, or into the arms of a woman.

I don't have the energy to try and connect the dots. Is this head connected to emotion or feeling. Is tho psychosomatic. Maybe I should just see things simple for now, I have a tension headache,that starts in my neck and blunders through my head like millions of machines drilling and hammering at a construction site.
I do not need to connect right now I need to relax and simply just let this be a headache.

I plaster on TransAct,a patch for muscle pain. A menthol to my skin. I do not just apply to my neck but to a few places I feel the knots grinding in my back. I take a few pills thats been prescribed, pills I would not normally take , but do in desperation. I slow down. Its ridiculous though because as I slow down I feel guilt that I am slobbing away.

What do we do for emotional pain? do we medicate, do we talk, do we fork it out and look at it. Some bury and forget,some wear it out proud. Some just sit in it and let it swallow them. What is the right way? none?

I am now going to lie down, and let myself relax, until my eyelids close gently and I fall asleep into a gentle dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

say it