Tuesday, December 13, 2011

early to bed early to rise

I honestly can not remember the last time I let myself soak in a bath. I always have every excuse "there's no time, i need to be somewhere" or just the normal "showering is so much easier. I almost forgot the concept of bathing. Now is it really just about cleaning yourself. "I think not"
It has been 8 or more months since I relaxed in some calming water held by the tub, holding me.

I believe i just spoilt myself. I allowed myself to run a warm bath (hot, I like it hot) relaxing my migraine away. I massaged my feet and let the soap wash away my little nags. I like the feeling of going under the water, where all sounds are muffled. I imagine I live in an underwater land. I like the numbing but calming sounds and the water levels touching my skin, therapeutically. For fun I sometimes rock the water as if I were in a boat on a still lake, to create "waves"I could be anywhere. When I get out I normally stand under a cold shower, that hot cold soothes me and rustles my mood. This time I just splashed my face a little to remind me I am not floating in water in a secluded place, I am here in the now, relaxed in my home and ready for bed at 8:30pm

Why not, I'm going to bed early, that what I feel for. Sleep, much needed sleep. I row my boat merrily from my calm to my tranquil.

I suggest for anyone who is uneasy, to soak it away-- even if it is just temporary, that standstill is peaceful enough to carry you for a while (carefully,peacefully)

good night

No comments:

Post a Comment

say it