Wednesday, February 8, 2012

electric


It is said that 'home is where the heart is' well right now my heart is home.

I am visiting my mom in Cape Town and I ask myself why? Why have I left it so long? Why did I not move home sooner? Home as in Cape Town not my mom, don't get me wrong I love my mommy but Cape Town she is my city, she moves me. I feel here. I just feel it.

When i wake from a nap and I hear the neighbour screaming my moms name. I go outside and we say hello. A hello that turns into a wide conversation. A conversation that has brackets of laughter. A conversation that turns into an exchange of numbers. A conversation that turns into a real live person helping me find a place to live. A place in Capetown. Yes a little wacky flow of words that are exchange but I wouldn't have it any other way. This is real, I'm engaging with a person not just my dog(bless her) not just my head or a family member, not and old guy who wants his car washed , a real live girl, an eccentric weirdo, Like minded, well sort of (there is more to the story, but I keep it as is for now) I walk back inside and I'm smiling.

When we sit and have lunch at a quaint little bistro. Watching people, being in the moment that is special to us both- people watchers turn engage with whom we watch. This is a Bond my mother and I always explore. As I leave the bistro, I smile.

As I walk to the shop, mo in tow, a number of estate agents cascading in the shop fronts. WE glare , we stare, we look intensely, we are looking into my home, somewhere amongst all this flowing images, I will find my garden and home will be where my warm heart pumps. We walk and we talk and I feel the energy of this electric city feeding through my feet as I walk her dirty streets, I hear the ocean in the distance or it could just be the rumble of the traffic but as I walk everything is romantic, as we turn to walk home, I smile.

I smile, I smile, I smile from within which is painted on my face and seen deeply through my eyes, you will know if you see me today, you wont just say hi, you will see me, you will feel the excitement of what will someday, not today nor tomorrow but soon enough, for after 2 minutes mingling with my town,my home, I will live here and when you see me you will be bitten by the sparkle in my eye. Guess what you will do: you will most probably smile: Its infectious after all.

so slightly off topic I am a sucker for valentines day, okay!

I would forget valentines day every year if...


No comments:

Post a Comment

say it