Wednesday, February 22, 2012

psycho babble me

Drug Therapy vs Talk Therapy


If you had a both a psychiatrist and a therapist/clinical psychologist/beautiful human being and you had to choose between the two. Who the fuck would you choose?
Is it even possible? I mean i know I sometimes play my own shrink by default but I have sense if I continued to do that I would some how spiral out of control, maybe get high on my own supply or even start dealing out lithium and end up right back with her, so no: I will not stop seeing my shrink: besides its not like I can write out my own scripts. Sure my pharmacy will keep giving for an amount of time but when that stops : hello doctor. No No No.

Then theres my therapist. I dont even have go here : Fuck no! Okay I will go a little bit. Something like the only person i truly trust. A place I can go and never hide. To get real with me. Everything is mirrored and means something. No judgment, brutal honesty,peace of mind. A chance to come home and reflect on everything I have learnt, a chance to practice what has been learnt,handed, shown without facets,masks or games. This is my heart of sanity: SO NO.

I can not choose I'm afraid, so this leaves me stuck in an unmanageable situation that scares me. One has a different function to the other and both these function are what aid my core function.

Maybe the only compromise is to wean myself down.

I have no Idea how this will pan out but I'm willing to trust this process. I believe I do.





No comments:

Post a Comment

say it