Friday, October 21, 2011

give me a bone

I bought my dog a bone today, but she didn't like it. It is rather large and she is kinda small , she was frightened even. As she is naturally curious she sniffed it and ran tail between her legs, she just stood there barking at it. She came back over and over , doing the same thing expecting the bone to be smaller I guess.


Its that old age saying that goes something like this "doing the same ol thing expecting different results" "Insanity" Einstein called it.


Well I'm not so different to my dog, it may not be a arm length bone , It may be the way in which I perceive things, the way in which I interact,the way in which I diet. The way in which I never brush my hair and expect it to look amazing. The way in how I put down the phone before I make a call I really need to make because I'm too scared.
It is the way in which I stay at home and never leave the house expecting that in some inexplicable marvel of an even struck down from some heaven that there will be a mass of people over for drinks or a beautiful woman laid besides me. But I find myself barking at the door,running away with my tail between my legs. Over and over again.
It is in the simple things I do, It is in the more elaborate things I do. Its a learning curb and sometimes I don't bark at my bone and run from it, sometimes I make that call,I open that door,I brush my hair,I interact a smidgen of a different.


Sometimes I'm not insane.


A random afterthought completely unrelated to the context of what Ive written, But It is so that I went out today,by opening my door and getting into my car,to buy some jeans. These jeans happened to be a size down from the last time I bought jeans. So Ive done that differently to:diet, and typical of a woman,such as me, ,My first thought was I must have chocolate= to reward myself. I hesitated as I needed to keep doing it differently.


 a type away.


Let me go and try the bone again, see if she still likes that bark.

No comments:

Post a Comment

say it