Monday, October 31, 2011

the only 'dog' in the zombie walk

Funny, Halloween was always a big deal for us kids when we were growing up. We went all out. Our costumes actually never made sense at all, we had free range to do whatever and whatever we did, nothing matched and it hardly ever made sense, It was magica' My Nana had baskets full of dress up clothes and since we played characters everyday of our life's it gave us licence to really go nuts on Halloween. Being from Pretoria in a predominantly Afrikaans town , our neighbours didn't quite understand "trick or treat" not in the 80's and the early 90's anyway. We loved it, but we mostly just went to my grandparents door to my aunts door over and over , they lived 5 feet from each other.


We didn't always get just sweets, my aunt insisted on giving us the pleasure of playing tricks, She made me roll with laughter each time. I miss it so , The three of us, my mom playing dress up with us, the heightened moods, the drive there,not so much the drive back, but normally we would sleep over being a special occasion, even on school nights. I fucken loved it.


and yes I had a very Americanised upbringing with a splash of real traditional English and JA that afrikaans Tabasco on top.


I had nowhere to go tonight and my sister was going to a party as a pumpkin, I would of joined her but it would probably take a few hours to get to Connecticut so instead my dog and I got a up to a little something....



I tried to get myself to look just like her-- think I'm  a little loopy yet?
But hey I thought My family should also get into it, no.

No comments:

Post a Comment

say it