Sunday, October 16, 2011

Recess

I was coaxed into going down to sea point main road and it was captivating. I felt alive as I stood on the corner of the street dog in one hand fag in another. I stood there as life rushed pass me. It was like being in freeze frame, slow motion in a music video. Hypnotic.
 As I stepped out of my trance a smelled the sea air meshed with the sidewalk stench and I inhaled every fume with a vibrant smile that was a direct link to my soul.


Don't mind the girl I argued with as she told me how to walk her dog as she walked hers.
 Yes so I swore back at her as she walked off with pomposity. I stopped in my stride and my foul mouth failed me to my mirth. Entranced again by the bustle, its a city on the sea. People! 
If I could open my arms wide enough I would swallow.


I remember today how it is to be in the middle of a vibe. I ask myself why is it that I don't live her anymore, here in my Capetown where I love life to be me.I felt a part of an elation Ive been so far apart from for too long. I felt like being on holiday in December when I was a kid and crying when I had to leave.


I know what I want and I've known for a while: I want to come home!


No comments:

Post a Comment

say it